Registration to Film in Jamaica

How to Register your Film Production in Jamaica
  1. Fill out and submit the Film Registration form.
  2. The registration fee is US$300. Payment can be made in cash or by cheque payable to JAMPRO (Jamaica Promotions Corporation/Jamaica Trade & Invest). 
  3. Submit a profile of the company and project synopsis (in one page)
  4. Submit a list of the equipment you will be temporarily importing to Jamaica, using the black equipment list template. This list should include: Description, Quantity, Serial #s and Values. The Film Commission will, on your behalf, apply for a Waiver of Bond for equipment leaving the country after production is complete. Any item that will remain in the country will attract duty unless special provisions are made to get a Waiver of Duty from the ministry of Finance. This process can take up to four (4) weeks to be completed.
  5. All production MUST employ the services of a Customs Broker, (list is available on the website), who will assist with clearing equipment using the Waiver of Bond provided by the Commission. FAILURE TO RETAIN THE SERVICES OF A CUSTOMS BROKER WILL RESULT IN YOUR EQUIPMENT BEING DETAINED UPON ARRIVAL.
  6. All productions MUST employ the services of a local Production Manager/Coordinator or local Fixer (list is available on the website).
Work Permit / Business Visa Information 
  1. All foreign nationals entering this country to conduct short term business will be admitted as "Business Visitors" in accordance with the entry requirements applicable to the visitors from their respective countries, i.e. if a Visitors' Visa is a requirement from your country for entry into Jamaica, then a Business Visa will be applicable. When a Business Visa is required, this can be purchased at any Jamaican embassy or consulate in your country prior to arrival.
  2. Person(s) traveling to work for less than 30 days (1 month) will NOT require a Work Permit Exemption and instead will be admitted as a Business Visitor. If the project is beyond 30 days, each member of the production team will require a Work Permit application. In that case the Film Commission will make an application on your behalf after all information has been submitted. 

Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Telephone. (1 876) 978-3337 or 978-7755

Senior Consulting Officer: Christopher Benjamin ext. 2059
Consulting Officer: Regina McCallum ext 2553