Filming in Jamaica
Thank you for considering Jamaica as your next film location. Jamaica is committed to the continued growth of its film industry, and offers a number of benefits to the investor including business friendly environment and other services to needed to facilitate projects in the industry.
In order to commence your project these are the steps you will need to complete:
- Film Registration Application– Application is to be completed and submitted for approval.
Film Registration attracts a non-refundable processing fee of US$300.
Payments are accepted in the form of
(i) cheque payable to Jamaica Promotions Corporation,
(ii) via wire transfer – the application form and wire transfer details are attached.
(iii) cash/card at our Kingston or Montego Bay Offices
- Clients are required to provide:
- A Synopsis of the Project
- Company Profile
- Proof of Insurance
- An Equipment List that contains: the description, serial number, quantity and values. A blank equipment template is attached for ease of reference.
- Name of the Customs Broker
- Proof of Film Registration processing fee payment
Please note: The Jamaica Film Commission MUST be aware of the date and port of entry for all crew and equipment arriving on the island. Clients will be required to retain the services of a Customs Broker for clearance of equipment through Customs on arrival as well as production manager/coordinator.