Expression of Interest - Cartagena International Film Festival 2017
The Jamaica Film Commission is convening a delegation of screen-based industry professionals to participate at the Cartagena International Film Festival (FICCI), scheduled to take place March 1-6, 2017. The deadline to express your interest is Monday Feb 6, 2017.
The festival, the oldest in Latin America, takes place in the city of Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, and this year marks its 57th edition. The festival hosts important names from both the national and international film industry as well as members of the press from around the world. It is a meeting place for the current players in the Latin American film market to which the festival has, as pioneers, drawn attention since its inception. Over the past 10 years, the Festival has welcomed more than 5.000 guests, including 1.100 industry members from all over the world, sales agents, festival programmers, distributors, films funds representatives, etc.
The Jamaican delegation to FICCI will be led by the Film Commissioner, Renee Robinson. As a member of the delegation, you will attend FICCI as an official Industry pass holder with full access to the following opportunities:
- Puerto LAB: working progress
- Salon FICCI: think film/Master Class
- Video Library: teaming up with Festival Scope and Proimagenes Colombia, the newest productions available exclusively for our guest.
- Encuentros Cartagena: in its 13th edition, this session aims to continue strengthening and preparing film projects, such collaboration has promoted some of the most relevant films in recent years.
- Documentary Workshop: focused on narrative and visual aspects, and this year introduces the exploration of transmedia formats, connecting documentary industry agents from Europe and US.
- Puerto FICCI: the place to meet, have a coffee and start conversations. A space to strengthen relationships between Ibero America, Europe and North America, but with a special focus in building ties with Eastern Europe and further cultivate work within local regions and the Caribbean.
Delegation members will be responsible for the following:
- Delegate Fee: US$90 to be paid to JAMPRO (by cash or credit card in office)
- Air Fare: Delegates will be responsible for personal airfare costs (est US$600-$750), JAMPRO will provide a group travel schedule, however you are welcome to make your own arrangements
- Accommodation: Delegates will be responsible for personal accommodation (est US$50-80/night), JAMPRO will provide recommendations for discounted accommodation. We encourage delegates to consider apt shares
- Ground transit / Per diem: JAMPRO will arrange airport transfer in Kingston and Cartagena for delegates who travel with the group. Delegates will be responsible for their own meals and personal expenses in Cartagena (est US$40/day)
- Delegate shirts: JAMPRO will provide (1) sized and branded polo shirt for all delegates
- Visas: No visas are required for Jamaicans travelling to Colombia. The Colombian Embassy in Jamaica has committed to assist with all consular matters for the delegation.
Please note that submission of this EOI form does not guarantee a spot on the delegation. You will be contacted by the Film Commission if you are selected to join the delegation. If you have questions before completing this submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org